Thursday, January 21, 2016

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Did I mention lately I love having a food processor? Whelp, it is my favorite purchase from last year and it may take the #1 most loved place of my crockpot soon. I searched everywhere for a good hummus recipe and they were so complicated. This is a hybrid of like 5 recipes because I wanted to make this easy not overly hard to do. Also, do you know how hard it is to find tahini? It took me like forever and asking like 2 people for help. I need to learn to make it now that I know what is in it.
I made this hummus for game night on Sunday and it was a huge hit. I had zero leftover at the end if the night. This makes a huge batch too.

What you need- 
1 can of Garbanzo beans/Chickpeas
2 garlic cloves
1/2 a lemon (~3 tablespoons of lemon juice)
3 tablespoons of tahini
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 roasted red pepper 
Cumin, salt and paprika to taste


This is a crappy picture but I wanted to show you what the roasted red pepper jar looks like. Listen go ahead and buy a normal red pepper and roast it for this recipe if you want. I have zero time or patience to do that plus I had this pepper already in my fridge. The super plus is that you can use some of the olive oil marinate for your 2 tablespoons required for this recipe for extra flavor!

Start by cooking your beans in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes. Let them cool slightly before putting them in the food processor.







Blend up all the ingredients in the food processor.

After adding it to it's serving dish yum!

This recipe is so simple. Besides buying the ingredients, opening the cans and cooking the beans it is super easy. It really was a huge hit and I will have to make it for every get together from now on I am sure. It is so healthy and tasty though that I do not mind one bit.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment