Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Harvest Chicken Salad

I am ill. There is no hiding it or running away from it. I am glad I am sick now to get this out of my system before the holidays but it sucks because I am so busy. I know I know... I spelled Harvest wrong in the title picture. I am sick get over it. Go away cold!

On a positive note I made this salad Monday night when I was still semi-functional. It has been awesome to be able to throw it in the lunch box and go in the morning. It is also really tasty I will be making it again. PLUS, it is healthy.

What you need~
The meat of 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
1 red onion diced
1 red apple diced
1/4 cup almonds chopped
2 stalks of celery diced
1 cup of greek yogurt
1/4 cup dried cherries
2 tablespoons mustard (I used 1 tablespoon Dijon and 1 tablespoon cranberry)
Worchester sauce to taste
Seasonings to taste







The great thing about this recipe it you can throw it together in like 10 minutes tops. The time consuming part is just cutting up all the stuff. Once everything is cut up put in a bowl and mix. I did mix the dressing (greek yogurt, mustards, Worchester and seasoning) in a bowl before adding to the main bowl. I used my new corelle cookware ($19 for a set of 3) that I found this past weekend. I love the vibrate white color of the bowls and how deep they are.



Anyway back to the salad. Let this chill for at least an hour before eating. I like it in wraps and on top of a bed of lettuce. Here is to hoping I feel better soon!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment