Monday, November 12, 2018

Pet Updates!

Life is a bit crazy lately. I know that I have not posted many blog posts lately because I have a lot going on between work and our pet situations. I posted a picture about Luna last week and now that her surgery is booked for Thursday I figured it would be a good time for a pet update.


Luna update:

WARNING-- some of these pictures are  gross due to the type of injury Luna has.

Friday morning I woke up thinking one of the cats (more on that later) or Luna went pee on the floor in the bedroom. I started cleaning it up and Luna walked by me. I screamed. I did not mean to but her entire side was gross. She has a fatty tumor on her shoulder blade that she has had for years at this point and never had any issues with it. Before you ask it is not cancerous and is outside her flesh between her skin and flesh. Rather common in older dogs. It had as we like to call it sprung a leak. My vet in De Pere is the best and they were able to get us in that same morning to shave her and clean her up. She got to wear a fancy bandage vest for two days with a t-shirt. her tumor has shrunk now and she has surgery scheduled Thursday morning at 8:10am. She is doing well eating and going for walks still. Here are some pictures of her little journey this past week.

WARNING--Gross picture before being cleaned up at that vet. Waiting patiently. Most likely 5 treats in at this point.

Rocking my cute vest after shaving and cleaning.

More treats please I was so good.

Look at the fluff!

Fluffy floof

Popcorn please?

Awe.


Here I am after my t-shirt was added to my fancy bandage vest.


I sleep in my cute shirt.

Awe.

WARNING-- Letting my wound air out. Surgery soon!

Bagheera (Nickname Be)


My dear friends have had this beautiful girl for years and she needed a quieter home in the worst way since she is a shy cat. Ryan and I agreed to a trial adoption to see if she would fit in with our old lady pets. She came into our home on Thursday and is slowly integrating into the gang. Be loves to play and sleep behind all my clothes during the day. She is so cute with her little mews. Her and Luna get along just great. Her and Stella are learning boundaries. Today they had the funniest interaction. Soon I am sure they will settle into a routine.

She is such a pretty girl.

Hi! Pets?

She is still a little jumpy when she hears sounds.

 

Stella

This old lady is actually completely fine with Be in the house. I think because Be is so chill and cautious she does not feel threatened a whole lot. She has really only hissed a couple times at Be and it was mostly her own fault for getting to close to her. Silly old lady.


Where did Stella go have you seen her?

Sleeping peacefully.


Sleepy.
After a busy week hopefully next week goes a lot smoother for our pet/people family.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment