Monday, October 21, 2019

Travel Adventures: Sir Elton John

Wow. I mean I have had hit or miss luck with older performers that abused their bodies to the brink in the past couple years. So I went into this trying to be open minded to what Elton was going to be like or not be like if you will. He blew me away. The set, the costumes, the sound quality in this venue it was outstanding.  Not to mention Elton can still sing and bang on those ivory keys on like top professional levels people. Did I mention his piano moved across the stage? It was awesome to watch. I think the biggest surprise was the three drum kits which just set off the best background to the piano. I was really blown away by that. I am happy that I was able to experience part of his farewell tour. Some of the songs touched on his past and he paid respect to his fans on numerous songs. I really enjoyed myself. We also experienced some of the newer restaurants in the area before the show and had excellent cocktails.

Highlights below:

We started our day at my favorite coffee place in De Pere-- Exchange. That crepe!



Once we parked in the museum parking lot only $15 people! We walked over to some of the new restaurants in the area. Punch Bowl Social is cool I like the one in MN so I thought it would be fun to show Ryan what it is all about. Loved the hummus plate and punch I got!



 We then stopped in at the Tavern at Turner Hall which is not new but is to us. I loved my little gin drink and the atmosphere in this tavern. I would come back but sit at a table the bartender was a tad too chatty with us.



We then stumbled across a little gem of a taco place with air stream trailers for bars. How cool!  We had some tasty guacamole and a margarita before going to see Elton!


 We had to stand in line for a short time then made it inside the venue. Took like 15 minutes tops which was not bad at all. Such a great show. Some pictures. Stop over to my Instagram or Facebook to see videos of some of the performances. Loved it!






We are on a concert tour this week. This Thursday Chris Stapleton!

Stay tuned....

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment