Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Pink Pumpkin 5K 2019

I have done this event before but not in Green Bay. I found out only two days before registration closed that this event was going on in my area so I had to quickly try to rally some people into a team and go. I will say the event itself was not planned the best and their website left some things to be desired in the form of any sort of directions. Now that we have attended once though I know what to expect next year and we can grow our team even more. In the confusion we ended up with 4 Diane Kielar pumpkins in memory of Ryan (my husband's) mother who passed. Which was funny. Here are some pictures from the event.

Since we were walking in memory of Diane they did pumpkins for her which was lovely. They are so cute!

3/4 pumpkins. We lost one somewhere along the line. They are now on our porch. They were a workout to get to the car parked in a ramp!

Karyssa (an agent on my team at work) pictured right and her Mom. Both survivors!
YEY!

The whole crew!

Ryan and I with his mom's pumpkins.
Breast cancer awareness & screenings is a big deal. I had a scare earlier (I am okay!) this year during a breast exam and it made me happy that I get looked at yearly just in case. You can never be too careful ladies & MEN make sure you get your screenings!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment