Monday, December 9, 2019

Mac N Cheese

Thank you to my dear friend Maggie for helping me with this recipe. I know it is crazy but I do not often make pasta and when I do it is not like this that is for sure. When I was buying the ingredients I kept saying to myself "this is special... this is not a normal thing you make... it will be okay you will not have a heart attack of you eat a little of this." There is nothing healthy about this recipe so go ahead and run away if you are looking for that in this post. It was my Grandpa Cliff's 90th birthday this weekend and I was asked to bring mac n cheese. It turned out really good and I was pleased with myself. I was a bit embarrassed to ask for help with the velvetta cheese purchasing at the store because I never buy it ever. The lady laughed at me.  I am lucky to have friends that know there way around a good recipe. So sharing the recipe with the Maggie adds. So yum! So holiday!





What you need~
1 pound of elbow pasta
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
2 cups half and half
1 can of cheddar (Campbells soup)
8 ounces (cubed) velvetta cheese
1 stick of butter (cubed)
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
Seasoning to taste (Natures Seasoning and Lawrys seasoned salt)









Start by making your pasta. If it is going to sit in the crockpot like mine you can let it cook a little under if you want. I shredded my cheese with my food processor and cubed up the velvetta then set that aside. I whisked together the half and half with the cheddar cheese. Lightly whisked my eggs separately and set aside. I turned the crockpot to high and put butter in. Once I cooked the pasta and strained it I added the pasta. Poured in the cheese, half and half/soup mix and eggs and mixed really well. I seasoned the pasta and let that cook on high for an hour and half before we went to the party. It was easy to transport.
Butter melting.

Shredded and diced cheese.

Seasoned half and half/ soup mix.

Yum!

It was really tasty and I would make it again for a special occasion.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment