Thursday, February 13, 2020

Bok Choy & Ginger

You need to try this as a side dish ASAP. Bok choy, pak choi, or pok choi is a type of Chinese cabbage. Let me tell you it is a delight. It is refreshing and cooks in a flash. You will almost certainly confuse a cashier when you buy it when they have no idea what it is which is fun. I wish more people would be open minded to vegetables they are not familiar with. Ryan and I have found some awesome side dishes by just being open minded to new things. This is now a staple item for us. So is ginger. I mean fresh ginger here people. I peel it with the back of a spoon and dice it up before throwing into my meals. Such a zing to any dish. I actually made this side dish on a whim to pair with pork chops and Ryan would not stop raving about how good it was to the point I need to make a post about it.

I hope you try it!

What you need~
1 bunch of Bok Choy (washed and diced)
1 tablespoon of ginger (peeled and diced)
1/4 cup of Ponzu (can substitute soy sauce and 1 tablespoon lime juice)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Start by washing the Bok Choy off in the sink like you clean celery. Dice the bottom section where the leaf part is not. Separate that from the leaf part because it takes longer to cook. Tosh that in a medium high pan. Dice up the ginger and throw in with the Bok Choy.While that is cooking chop up the leaf part. Add the ponzu. Cook down for about 2-3 minutes. Add the leaf part of the Bok Choy and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the leaf part is softened but still a little firm. Before serving season lightly with salt and pepper. The ponzu has salt so a little salt is needed here.

I served this with pork chops. See below.



I hope you are brave and try this you may love it!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment