Monday, June 8, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing Week 11 Recap

Last week was intense. Not only was it my first week in my new position we had civil revolution going on and COVID-19 is still a thing. I have learned a lot in the past week.


  • I have been blinded by my white privilege. If you disagree with me you are most likely still blinded by yours and I challenge you to listen to the black community more to see it. I highly recommend watching the 13th on Netflix or the Podcast I have tagged at the end of this post. I am working on being a better ally to the black community and I need to put the work in. I need to listen and I need to learn. That is my goal right now. 
  • Please people can you wear some dang masks in public. I get if you are actively eating you cannot do that but think about that nothing has changed with COVID-19. The world health organization and CDC recommend it. You wear a mask to not protect you but to protect people like me that are high risk. Have you ever researched what being on a ventilator looks like? Look it up. You will be on your stomach most likely for an extended period of time and can suffer lung damage. My lungs due to COPD are already damaged and cannot handle much more. I do not want to scare people but please wear a mask if you can. 
  • I love adventuring. I mean I have spent more time this year in WI because of travel restrictions and it has been awesome. I am finding these little gems like the green loop in Steven's Point and lakes/rivers to paddle in. I truly live in a beautiful place and I am grateful for the push for me to stay more local. 
  • I continue to support local small businesses. It is getting harder as a large population of the dining service industry is going back to living as if the world is "normal". Ryan is finding when picking up carryout a lot of business's do not wear masks and there is little distancing in places. It is a bit  scary for those of us trying to protect ourselves. I will continue to try to support business though as I want them to do well. 
  • I am making sure to recharge my batteries if you will. Make sure you take care of yourselves out there in this crazy world. 






Have to be prepared with COVID-19 when in public!

WED I went and bought my flowers for my garden at a local green house.



Finally planted the front garden with some more plants.

Sara Gelato--- Yum

Ready to support and walk!


Partridge Lake



The Green Loop 26 miles of beauty.


Cannot wait to start this podcast #blacklivesmatter
I really hope you are being safe and open minded as we move forward into a new week.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment