Monday, April 17, 2017

Banana Pudding


Decadent and oh so creamy. I made this for Easter and I am secretly happy there are leftovers. My allergies are raging and this is the perfect dessert to eat when you need something soul warming. I used Paula Dean's recipe the only alteration I did was swap out the type of cookies because I could not find "chessman cookies" to save my life. So I went ahead and used vanilla wafers for this pudding. I actually like the buttery flavor of the wafers with the creamy pudding. I also recommend you try to use almost over ripe banana's for this as they will be sweet and break down in the pudding better.

What you need~
6-8 banana's
1 box of vanilla wafer cookies
1 can evaporated milk
2 (3.5 ounce) boxes of French vanilla instant pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 container of whipping cream (Thawed)
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (softened)



Start by layering half the box of cookies in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Cover with sliced banana's. In a small bowl use a handheld mixer to whisk together the milk and instant pudding. In a separate bowl whisk together the evaporated milk and cream cheese. Fold the whipping cream into the second bowl that has the milk/cream cheese mixture. Then add the two bowls together mixing lightly. Pour this mixture over the  banana's and cookies in the pan. Top with the remaining cookies. Chill for at least over night before eating.
 



I really liked this a lot and I will for sure be making it again as it is really easy to do. If you are good and dumping stuff in bowls you can totally make this. People will be happy with it too as it is really tasty.
 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment