Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Healthy Pad Thai


This was soooooo good. I saw pad thai on a tv show the other day and knew I had to make some at home for dinner one night. I looked in the pantry and used what I had on hand to make my own version. It turned out excellent and we had yummy leftovers for a couple meals. If you do not have a giant spaghetti squash like I did make two.

What you need~

Dish:
1 large spaghetti squash (roasted)                            
6 sausages (I had spicy chicken)
Half a red cabbage (diced)
Green pepper (sliced into long strips)
1/4 cup of diced green onions
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of peanuts
2 tablespoons of cilantro
Everglades seasoning

Sauce:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon of sriracha
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil














I roasted my squash at 350 degrees for an hour because it was so big. I then removed it from the skin and placed in a bowl to rest while I made the rest of the dish. I chopped up the cabbage and green peppers and let that sweat down on medium heat.  Season this well with the Everglades seasoning. Make sure you season each time you add anything to the pan.  I put my cast iron on medium and heated up the sausages. Cut them up into bite size pieces. When that was almost done I added the garlic for about 2-3 minutes. At this time I prepared the sauce by whisking all the items together. Add the squash to the pan with the cilantro, green onions, sausage and peanuts. Then it is time to eat!

It really is packed with flavor and because it is healthy you could eat a lot of it.




Try it out you will not regret it.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment