Sunday, February 18, 2018

Mashed Cauliflower

Just plain yummy. Now I am a slacker on posts I know. It is for a good reason though I am addicted to the Olympics it is like sucking up all the free time. I don't even watch sports until this time when I literally watch like 15 hours of ice skating and snowboarding a week. Which is pretty funny. Now this has nothing to do with this awesome sneaky healthy side. I love making this because it truly reminds me of mashed potatoes if you make it just right.

What you need~
1 head of cauliflower
2-6 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
Seasoning
Milk

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Cut your cauliflower pretty small so it gets extra tender. You want the cauliflower almost mushy to make this. I lightly coat in olive oil and and season with salt and pepper. I also remove the outer layer of the garlic and roast that too with the cauliflower. While this is roasting get your food processor out. Now I have tried the blender, food processor and stand mixer. Now they all work okay but the food processor really has the ability to get the perfect mouth texture I like to mimic potatoes. Once done roasting dump all of the cauliflower and garlic into the food processor and start to blend. Slowly add your milk to get it to the texture you like. I served this with stuffed pork chops and a mushroom/onion mole sauce I made.  SUPER good and I will always love this mashed cauliflower as a side.



NOM NOM

I really just love this option instead of heavy potatoes. You can get away with eating a ton of it as well. Happy cooking.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment