Monday, February 12, 2018

Roasted Vegetables In Salad

This will change your life. I went to a pizza joint and I got a salad. I know that sounds insane but it was so good. They actually roasted broccoli and had that in the salad and I am telling you this changed my entire life. Last night for dinner I made salad and roasted broccoli and sweet peppers. It just really adds another layer of delicious flavor and depth to the salad. It is also super easy to do and people will be blown away at the extra step you took.

What you need~
Two large heads of broccoli
6 large sweet peppers
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Salt & pepper

Start by pre-heating oven to 450 degrees F. Get a large sheet pan out to place your veggies on. Dice the vegetables to a smaller size but not to tiny as they shrink when baking. Toss the veggies in your oil and I used curry oil.  I roasted mine for about 10 minutes. Let it cool before putting in the salad or if you really want to you can serve in the salad warm. I like them cooled a bit.

Chop up the veggies.

Done roasting and cooling.

Mixed in the salad. Roasted goodness.

YUM!
I know this is an extra step but it makes salads all the better. It also makes my boring salads seem a lot more exciting.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment