Monday, March 19, 2018

Green Grasshopper Drink

This is straight up part of my childhood. NO my parents did not allow me to drink them because they do indeed have alcohol in them but that did not stop me from wanting the minty drink at my grandparents supper club anytime we visited. I have been recovering from a pretty painful injury to my knee and I have finally started to feel strength return on Saturday. Serving this to my friends was like a cheer to recovery for me. It is easy to make ahead of time and having leftovers is really never a bad thing.

What you need~
1 quart of vanilla ice cream 
8 ounces of whip cream (cool whip)
3/4 a cup of creme de menthe
3/4 a cup of creme de cacao

Start by letting the ice cream and cool whip thaw and get rather soft. Once rather soft dump the ice cream and cool whip and then use a blender, hand mixer or whatever you have to blend this well. When you have it well blended add the alcohol and blend again. I added food coloring to get mine to the mint color I wanted but you do not have to do that. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours to get more solid or drink right away if you like the milkshake consistency. I like to top mine with some hershey's chocolate and a little more cool whip. 

Slightly melted. Perfect.

I mean this will last us years but worth it.

Be careful when you start blending. I wore some of this. Whoops.

SO creamy.

Food coloring.

Ready to serve. Yum!

This is a classic from where I live and I hope you make a batch sometime in your life. It was perfect to celebrate be being 8% Irish for Saint Patricks Day this year. Super fun get together too. Here is a bonus picture of Irish nachos (chips, sliced corned beef,  cheese, sour cream and green onion). SO awesome!


Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment