Sunday, March 4, 2018

Travel Adventures: Live From Here: Chris Thile

What a great and yet really quick weekend we had. It flew by and I can barely catch my breath before I am off to Florida for the week for work and the Service Hero 2017 Summit. I love a good recap so here are some amazing highlights from this past weekend.


We started off Friday by trading in the Honda FIT for a more spacious VW Jetta wagon. Now forever called the Trashwagon.


 What a flash back from college days. Stopped in my college town River Falls and my favorite Mexican place ever Mariachi Loco for some mole enchiladas, a margarita and tons of chips. Way too much food but it was delicious as always and I got to enjoy it with my friend Maggie. YEY!
We stopped at a new local brewery in River Falls Swinging Bridge Brewing Company. Some really tasty options. I wish I had more room in belly to drink more.

We went for a really fun day hike. I feel like I never dress good for hiking either too hot or too cold. 
 Really good looking view from the top of the hill.
 Onward. Ryan had to walk in the front because he kept hitting me with snowballs.
Sadly turtles do not cross roads in winter. We still loved the sign and Ryan was wearing a green jacket soo.... turtle?

 Waiting to see Live From Here with Chris Thile. Now I bet you were like jeez when is she going to talk about the title of the post. On my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter you can see a clip of the show. I highly recommend you go watch a live recording of this show it is a top notch show. Runs on national radio and Chris is an amazing host. The humor, music and uniqueness of this show cannot be beat. Plus during the break you can request a song for them to cover on twitter and they do it like 2 minutes later live. YEP, you guessed it Ryan's selection "Sex and Candy" got selected and it was truly amazing.

What does one do after an awesome radio show? Eat pasta duh. This was a pasta with in house made alfredo/pesto sauce blend topped with chicken and chunks of parmesan cheese. HEAVEN. We may have also watched Titantic you know the movie from 1997? Classic.

This Omelette was the size of my dang head. It was really good and the spicy guac was amazing.

Hello old friend. I love Caribou and I am said they do not live where I live.















Did you think I would post about a trip out to Maggie without a picture of her cat Pickle? Come on you know me!
He is the laziest cat with he plays. Yes he is laying on the ground and playing on his side.












I just loved this weekend and we had so many good laughs and saw some really good music in the process. I will be MIA for a bit while in Florida for work. I plan to do a nice post when I am back and things settle down.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment