Thursday, March 21, 2019

Cowboy Caviar (Salsa)

This is a solid pot luck recipe I love to make because it makes a ton and is a healthy option. I made this for our work potluck last night and ate it on tacos and for lunch today with chips. It is so easy to make and yum!

What you need~
1 red pepper (diced)
1 yellow pepper (diced)
1 orange pepper (diced)
2 green peppers (diced)
2 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of black eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
.5 a red onion (minced)
1 cup of corn
1 head of cilantro (minced)
4 large green onions (minced)
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Before the onions and spices.

Cilantro mix!


Start by preparing all veggies and putting in a giant bowl. Mix them well. When I prepare mine I use the food processor to speed up the process. I start with doing the peppers each and make sure they are diced well and move onto the cilantro, green onion and red onion which I add 1/4 of the cup of lime juice to so those are blended really well. Almost a minced look as those are smaller bits then. I add all of that together before moving onto mixing the dressing. Start with the remaining 1/4 cup lime juice and add the remaining items on the list; red wine vinegar, olive oil, cumin, onion powder, sugar and salt/pepper to taste. Whisk that all together before pouring over the bowl that has the mixed veggies in it. Chill and serve with chips or on tacos.

OMG YUM!

Served it on some tacos.


I love this and so does anyone I make it for. I hope you make it really soon.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment