Monday, March 11, 2019

Instant Pot: Corned Beef

St. Patrick's Day is right away the corner folks. Ryan has to work on that day this year so I figured I would make this yesterday as a little pre-celebration since we both found out we were Irish last year with our DNA testing. This was relatively easy to make and I mashed up two recipes I found that I seemed to like. This time of year it is not hard to find corned beef already pickled up and ready for cooking at any local market I picked mine up at Maplewood Meats a local butcher shop.










What you need~
1.5 pounds of corned beef (mine was already pickled)
1 small white onion diced
3 cloves of garlic
1 bottle of dark beer (I used Guinness beer)
4 cups of beef broth
1 bay leaf

I poured the beer in the instant pot and then placed the beef, onion, garlic and bay leaf in before pouring the beef broth on top. Seal the instant pot and make sure not vented. Set the pressure cooking setting for 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes) and leave it alone. Once the timer goes off let it natural release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the rest of your pressure. Serve it up hot!
Steamy. The meat was fork tender.

Melt in your mouth meat.

Yum!

I served this with little potatoes and cabbage. I will post those recipes later once my mouth stops watering. I will say this was delicious and I would make it again.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment