Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Basement Bar Renovation





Have I mentioned how handy and awesome my husband is? I am really lucky to have him and this project was all him. We did have an electrician coming in and put in some electrical work but other than that Ryan did this all himself. Here is a recap of the project.



This is the ceiling before. We replaced the tiles and Ryan painted the trim white.

You can see the new ceiling, completed flooring, custom accent wall, handmade beer fridge/bar stand here. Ryan put in two lights and they are on a dimmer. Really changed the room with the light. I love the beer fridge stand Ryan build himself as well as cutting/staining all the wood to build it. There was flooring here but it was old and gross. This snap in flooring went down like a breeze or so I have been told. The accent wall was created with parts of the old fence in our backyard. The corner unit here was repurposed below.
We had a little unit that had the most beautiful stained glass doors from my mother-in-law and we wanted to repurpose it as a bar. Ryan created this bar over a week or so. It turned out really neat. Love the accent red and using more of those fence boards on the unit. Here it is above before staining and painting.

Here we are painting the doors with the glass removed. Notice I said "we" I actually did help with this step.

 Bar installed waiting on the top to be finished before install. Picked up 3 bar stools for
 Loving how it is coming together.
 I mean those red doors with the stained glass. LOVE.
Top installed and art work hung. 


This Beck sign is a family name. My Grandma's to be exact.


 
 I love how this room turned out. It works well for having people over because we now have more light, space to serve food and make drinks. The extra seating is a plus as well. I cannot wait to entertain more. Special shout out again to my amazing husband who makes all my home dreams come true one project at a time.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment