Friday, May 3, 2019

Instant Pot: Pulled Pork

I just love pork. I do rather love that a lot of the world agrees with my obsession over little piggies. I often am trying to find ways to make it even more delicious than it naturally is. This recipe is a quick way to make pulled pork for a crowd or if you want mega leftovers like we like. I am still mastering this recipe but I think next time I make it that it will be perfection. Here is the recipe.













What you need~
1 tablespoon of oil/fat/butter
1 (3 pound) pork butt
1/5 cup dry rub of your choice (I make my own but you can buy)
1 red onion diced
1 cup of BBQ sauce or roast sauce
10 ounces of beer (I used a porter this time)


Start by heating your instant pot to sauté on the medium setting. While this is heating cut your pork into three equal pieces. Apply the dry rub to all sides of your meat and do NOT remove any fat off of the pork butt. Trust me it will melt into the meat and be a favor bomb later. Apply a small amount of olive oil, bacon grease, canola oil, or butter to the pan. About a tablespoon. Add the pork butt pieces to the pot and brown evenly on all sides to seal in all the juices of the meat. Remove the meat and use 2 ounces of beer to deglaze the pan. Add your little rack that comes with the instant pot. Pour in the rest of the beer, add the meat and onions on top. Seal the instant pot (make sure vent is closed) and set the pressure cooker setting for 1 hour. Once the timer is up allow to rest for an additional 10 minutes before releasing remaining pressure. At this point I would recommend removing all liquid from the pan before shredding meat. I shred mine in my standing mixer with the paddle attachment but you could use two forks. Once shredded add your sauce to the meat and toss it well. Serve over bread, rice or potatoes.

This recipe makes a lot of servings for sure enough for a crowd. I love the texture of the seared meat with the tender meat pieces. Really a tasty treat!
It makes excellent leftovers.

So good paired with some of my favorite roasted veggies or "roasties" as we call them. Carrot, Cauliflower and celery.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment