Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Quiche!

Yummy! I mean I see this at cafes all the time and I do order it from time to time. My husband mentioned to me that he would like to have this for breakfasts before work a while ago and I did just that this weekend for him. I made two which is easy to do when you have two pie crusts. Easy and tasty this is a great little breakfast option. I highly recommend making this and stashing some away for later in the week.






What you need~
3-4 eggs
splash of milk
1 frozen pie crust
1/2 cup ground and cooked sausage
1/ cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup mushrooms diced
1/2 cup kale chopped/diced
1 small onion minced
Seasonings to taste
Prep it all.

Crust's after the pre-bake.

Almost ready for the oven.

Prepared for the oven.

Start by pre-heating oven to 375 degrees F. I always like to set out the crust to thaw a bit (15 minutes) or so before popping it in the oven for 10 minutes. Make sure to use a fork to poke the crust bottom a bit to prevent bubbles. Brown your meat, onion, mushrooms, and kale. Season as you go with this mixture. Wisk your eggs with milk and some seasoning then set aside. When the crust is browned remove it. Turn oven down to 350 degrees F. Put the meat, mushrooms, onions, kale and cheese in the crust and pour the eggs over the top of this. Sprinkle a little more cheese and cover the corners of the crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning the crust. Place the pie tin on a cookie sheet and in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Check for browning. It will be done when the pie is firm and the eggs in the middle are not liquid anymore. Serve hot. Can be stored and rewarmed from the fridge as needed.




This was so tasty I need to make it more. I make frittatas more because I do not need a crust to make that which is like this recipe minus the crust. Hope you take time to try this one out.

This weekend we had a puppy visitor. Sassy Greta. Enjoy some pictures of the littlest demon dog.




Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment