Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing: Week 1 Recap

Wow. It's been intense. I have been actively vloging (video blogging) on my Instagram TV channel each day giving my family and friends updates on what is going on each day with Ryan and I as we tackle the current reality of the world. Some important highlights from the week below. I will try to do a weekly update for my family that does not use Instagram or know how to watch Facebook stories.

A reminder-- Ryan and I are 100% self distancing which means we try to limit person interaction completely unless we have to go get prescriptions/emergency items.

What I learned and tips to share:

  • I can pretty much make a meal out of anything. Like leftovers are in full effect in our house. Example below of the corned beef leftovers in sandwich form. Stir fry that I also used for burrito bowls.
  • I really like walks right now even if it is freezing. I will bundle up I do  not care I need to get outside people. I have tried cross fit, yoga, running, jogging and walking to stay fit. I am determined. I recommend the Down Dog App. I see some of the wonderful Zumba instructors at the Y are doing online videos going to check that out tomorrow.
  • I love reading. Thriftbooks.com for discount used books.
  • Farmers Best Delivery. I cannot wait for my first delivery of local bread, cheese, meat, grains and other items from them on Wednesday my delivery day. Spend $45? You get free delivery each time you order. I will report back next week on what we get.  
  • I love that I can call people on facebook messenger and physically see them! I am like a super extrovert so that makes me happy I did this with my mom and a bunch of friends this weekend. It is a great way to stay in touch.  
We had PTO this week we were supposed to go on vacation. Instead we socially distanced by going for a walk in Door County at the state park. Good way to get fresh air and still be safe.

I made corned beef for St. Patrick's day. The meat was an excellent leftover sandwich.


I legit am starting to dig deep for meals with strange/random ingredients. Stir fry is an easy through it all in staple. Ryan made this by using some frozen veggies, frozen shrimp and made rice.

Be kind to each other. My wonderful neighbor left this tea for me.

My new coworker. She is a jerk. Ryan and I are both WAH for now with us social distancing 100%.

Making killer cups of tea daily!

I have done some crafting this past week including mending Ryan's grandmas quilt and fixing some pillows.

Look SPRING!

Just a girl. Jogging and walking. I refuse to not work out!

Venison backstraps from my freezer paired with mushrooms and baked potatoes. Meals can still be tasty guys! Keep it simple.

I mean it was pure luck that I had everything I needed to make grasshoppers the other night. Make due with what you got right now.

Oh stop coworker you too cute. Can I call a coworker cute?

I cannot wait for this guys I will report back!


The next couple memes are on fire with this week. I hope they bring you a laugh.



We are all in this together. Please stay home to protect people like me that could have severe complications if I get this virus. We all need to do our part. People are losing their jobs and it is hard out there. I am going to continue to try to spread positivity every day on my Facebook stories and Instagram page. Miss me? Chat me up we can talk on the phone too.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment