Wednesday, April 1, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing: Week 2 Recap & Flat Bread Recipe (BONUS!)

I am so busy! I am sorry this is like 3 days late. Work is intense right now. I am really blessed to be surrounded by so many supportive leaders, peers and team mates. Working in health care is really stressful currently with the pandemic and my main goal being a leader is to keep my team calm and focused with positive energy. With that in mind we are still trying in our limited free time to get exercise and keep sane. I have been taking baths, doing yoga and going outside as much as I can. I am happy the temperatures are going to be getting warmer this week. Sadly that has triggered my allergies making my COPD lungs a mess along with migraines. Still grateful I can work through my illnesses and still be okay.

Here are some recap items at the bottom and a bonus recipe for flat breads for those that are struggling with bread options.

This old lady maybe the worst co-worker ever but she is cute. Still not fired because she does randomly show up for work still.

We ordered tacos last Tuesday. It was A LOT of leftovers. Love supporting local businesses though.

My neighbors left me flowers letting me know they also miss Luna. :)


Our first Farmers Best Delivery was such a hit. We have loved everything we have ordered! We ordered some things this week as well and will continue to order from them. Love supporting local farmers!

I maybe getting too used to fancy tea in the AM. Also look at this giant cookie from Great Harvest Bread that we got in our Farmers Best Delivery Basket.


Left over chili and a fajita melt (leftover take out) on Great Harvest Bread. Use what you got people!

One pan sheet tray meal!

It was so easy and yummy. Recipe on my pintrest page.

My coworker showed up to work on Friday.

Friday night made a mix drink with my OJ!

Chicken Picatta. Wild Rice and Cauliflower.

I made these burgers with grass feed beef from our Farmers Best Delivery basket. They were devine.

Got a pick up order of wine to stock up so we figured why not get a wonderful treat like this from the winery. Thank you Ledgestone Winery!

I love my friends. :)

Avocado toast. Used the avocados from my first Instacart order.

Frittata make one with your leftovers people! 


hi cutie.

I want to learn to be the best virtual leader I can be in these hard times. 99% of my team is work at home right now.
Its hard to believe we are two weeks into this "stay at home" order and self distancing. I have only seen one person from afar and waived at them while walking its been interesting.



I made flat bread for the curry I made. Super easy.
NOW the flat bread recipe:

What you need~
2 cups flour
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of olive oil for frying

I used my stand mixer to mix all of the above and then I kneaded it by hand for about 2 minutes. Divide the ball into 6 balls and roll with rolling pin into disc shapes. I did try some seasoning on some and I actually liked those you can season with whatever you want I used thyme lemon seasoning.  I used a flat top (would use my cast iron pan instead in the future) to cook these. Put oil in the pan and then put the flat breads on. 2-5 minutes on each side depending on how thick your flat bread are. Perfect for curry or a bread option if you do not have yeast.

Keep safe and healthy everyone.

Until next time ~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment