Tuesday, July 7, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing Week 15 Recap

Week 15! It's in the books and I actually had off of work all week. Some fun memories this week to review. I will be honest it was strange spending so much time home and not working I have not done that in a long time. I had an itch most days to go out and about but with COVID-19 that is not really an option for me. I did get out a couple days Ryan had off though which was nice. 

We went to the beach on Monday in Bailey's harbor. Hardly anyone there it was a relief from the heat of GB. 
I had my summertime key lime flavored water and a beach. perfection. 
Duke living his best beach life.
Stopped and had a beer in Door County Brewery they had an awesome outdoor beer garden to grab a beer and be safe. 
Liz dropped off flowers. Such a kind person! 
Treated myself to some treats. 
Tacos! 
Spend some time during the day drinking a delightful lime/watermelon adult beverage and painting one day.ohh 
I have been really creative with my farmers best delivery (CSA) veggie basket each week. I made a dip with spinach pictured here and zucchini fritters. 
T-bone steak cooked on a wood flame is no joke. nom!
Spent an entire morning reading in my hammock. 
Went paddling on Lake Michigan for Ryan's birthday. It was an awesome trip on the water. 
I had a custom cake made for Ryan by Hoorayforcakes and I will be real it was so good. Maybe even better than our wedding cake good. 
Look at that filing. YUM!
Our kayaks on the beach. We paddled on Lake Michigan for Ryan's birthday and took a break to swim. 
Jameson (the good stuff), ginger ale and a squeeze of lime!
Beautiful flowers at the wedding we attended on July 4th. The only event during COVID-19 I will be attending until I can be vaccinated. 
I loved this cute arbor along the water for the wedding. 
The DIVA. She was so cute I had to take a picture of her. 
I used a colored deep conditioner by Overtone and my hair is now pink. :) 

I continue to embrace this strange life we are living and find the bits of joy I can along the way. It is not easy and some days mentally I am better than others but we continue on!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment