Monday, March 21, 2016

Chocolate Cherry Cookies



 Sometimes you get a craving to bake cookies. So you go through all your really old cook books to find a new receipt. This one I altered a lot because it had crazy ingredients I did not own nor did I want to buy. The receipt was from the 70's so times were for sure different back then. Anyway the final product after all the changes was fantastic. We had friends over for a game/movie night and they were a huge hit. I kinda think I need to work cherries into more receipts because they make these cookies really special.

What you need~
2 cups (4 sticks of butter) softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups of  all purpose flour
1 12 oz package of mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup maraschino cherries (chopped) (HINT: Use a clean scissors to cut up the cherries saves on time and mess)


Using your mixer (stand or hand) cream butter (slice up sticks of butter to go faster).  








Chop up those nuts and cherries!

















 Mix in powdered sugar and beat in vanilla/salt. Gradually add flour mixing until well blended (this gets really hard because the dough is stiff). Using your hands for the next part mix in the chocolate chips, walnuts and cherries.














Dough is going to be extremely stiff. Drop by the tablespoon onto parchment paper covered (or greased) cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. It make about 2-3 dozen cookies. They were small and did not spread much on the pan.













I mean look at these tiny little beauties. I bet you cannot eat just one. I mean I cannot that is for sure.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily





No comments:

Post a Comment