Thursday, March 31, 2016

Quick Tasty Stir Fry

I have had chicken and the veggies in the freezer for this meal since before I got sick with this evil cold. I finally had the energy and time to make this last night. It takes less than 30 minutes to do and all you have to do it cut up the chicken to prep. I did not even have to do that because our local butcher shop sells (stir fry cut chicken) already!

I asked Ryan if he thought this was better than store bought chinese and he looked at me like I was crazy and said it was sooo much better. Thanks for the props hunny. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

What you will need~
2- 16 ounce bags of frozen stir fry veggies (I used 1 with just veggies and the other bag had lo mein added)
1 pound of cut up chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of garlic or 2 minced cloves
Chinese five spice powder
Mrs. Dash seasoning
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Hot sauce

Start by coating your chicken in Chinese five spice powder.





You need to go buy this if you do not have it. TRUST me you need it to make great Asian food.











Once your chicken is coated heat a pan to HIGH and add about a tablespoon of oil to your pan. I ran out of olive oil the other day which I know is insane so I used avocado oil which has a high burn point anyway which was useful. Once the oil is almost smoking add the chicken and fry it up fast and hot. Once done add to a bowl and cover.
Once you remove chicken from pan add the garlic to the hot pan and once it has sweated for a minute add your two bags of frozen veggies. This is when you want to add a little soy/sesame oil to the veggies to help them fry up quickly. Keep moving the veggies around the pan and season with the oils/seasonings as you go.






I like to add the hot sauce a little here and there to taste to get it to the heat level I want. As I always state you need to taste as you cook it is the only way you will know if your food is seasoned the way you like.














Here the veggies are getting all tasty and warm in the pan. I actually find that the frozen works better for stir fry over fresh. They stay crisp but heat within 5-6 minutes which is perfect for a quick meal. 

















Now it is time to add that chicken back into the party for the last 2 minutes or so. Add some more hot sauce too.



It was a big hit with us as always and it takes hardly any work. Only 1 dirty pan and a bowl and that was it. I highly recommend you try this on a night when you are busy but still want a home cooked meal. The biggest part of this that is awesome is you can buy this stuff frozen and it can sit in the freezer for when you need it.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment