Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spicy Salsa Chicken Soup

I had made chicken and venison tacos for Cinco De Mayo. I had a ton of left over ingredients just sitting in the fridge so on Sunday I decided to throw together a quick soup in the crockpot while we were running all over the place for mother's day.

I like the flavor that turned out and I wish I would have remembered to add noodles as there was a ton of broth left. Moral of the story make sure you add noodles and this soup will be perfect.

What you need~
2 cups of salsa
2-3 cups of  chopped chicken
16 cups of water
1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1.5 cups of chopped sweet peppers
2 cups of noodles
Cumin
Cajun seasoning
Natures seasoning


Chop up all ingredients. Layer into the crockpot.


Layering the soup ingredients.














Add seasonings as you go!
















I did not add a ton of heat to my soup as I used a black bean salsa and habanero salsa. SPICY!












Here it is before cooking on low for 8 hours. I would highly recommend adding 2 cups of noodles at the end or you will have a ton of broth. Could do rice instead too.


It had awesome flavor and it really healthy without the noodles added.

Until next time~
XOXO Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment