Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Easy Blackened Tilapia

I have wanted to try this recipe in some fashion for a while. I was always afraid the fish would stick to the pan and I would have a mess. That was not the case at all and honestly this maybe my favorite way to make tilapia now. I do like the breaded kind you can get from the store but this was so much better and easy to do in half the time!

What you need~
2 full tilapia fillets (thawed)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Cajun seasoning
Non-stick pan
Fish spatula (or normal if you do not have one)



This is the cajun seasoning you see me using all the time in my recipes. It is my favorite to use with taco's etc. I bought this giant container at Sam's Club for $6ish. I was surprised at the variety of spices they sell there.


You want to start by heating your pan to medium/high heat and then add your olive oil. Let that get nice and hot in the pan. While that is happening pat dry your fish with papertowel. Put the fillets in a bowl and heavily season with the cajun seasoning. Really coat it on heavy!









Let them cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes and flip over to cook for about the same amount of time on the other side.

Here is my fish spatula that I finally used for its real purpose.  I actually like to use it for cookie baking as well due to the thinness of the spatula.








Man this was tasty and really not all that bad for you as this fish is pretty lean. We will be making this again and very soon.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily










No comments:

Post a Comment