Monday, October 17, 2016

Classic Buttercream Frosting


LET THEM EAT CAKE!
No really I made a cake and we all ate it. I always find it funny you go to the store and buy all the supplies to make a fancy from scratch cake but then you buy canned frosting and ruin everything. Do not get me wrong in a pinch I use it and it is alright. I am going to teach you how to make mouth watering and delicious buttercream frosting. If you follow these steps you will get perfect frosting every time. The only downside because there always is one is this is a bit time consuming but totally worth it.

What you need~
1 cup butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of heavy cream


Start by getting your butter to room temperature. This is important you cannot cream cold hard butter nor liquid butter. I usually microwave my butter in 10 second intervals till I get it to the firmness I want out of the fridge.

Put it in the mixer and cream well. You could also use a hand mixer if you do not have a stand mixture like myself.

Now you are going to slowly add the powdered sugar in half cup increments. I cannot stress this enough. Do this slow on a low setting. Then once it is added crank the mixer up to medium speed for about a minute. Scrap the sides of the bowl with a spoon to make sure all is mixed in and move onto the next half a cup. Do this process until all 3 cups of sugar are mixed in well.


Then you will need to add your vanilla and heavy cream to the mix.






BOOM that is it you just make homemade class buttercream frosting.

For this cake I put food coloring in the frosting to make pink and green. You could also just use the rich buttercream as is for cakes and cupcakes.

Enjoy people will love it I promise!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment