Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Peppermint Bark


Peppermint is my favorite holiday flavor. Surprisingly I am not a big candy cane person but I do love that flavor. This recipe is a big hit with my co-workers and friends. I try to make it around the holidays. I made a double batch this year so I can spread the holiday cheer.

What you need~
10 ounces of chocolate almond bark
10 ounces of white chocolate almond bark
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
Crushed candy canes
Small chocolate covered candy cane pieces
Parchment paper

Start by laying out the parchment paper on a cookie sheet. This is so it is easy to transfer to the fridge/freezer.


















Melt the chocolate almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second sections stirring till melted. Took me between 1.5-2 minutes. Add your peppermint extract to the melted almond bark and pour onto your parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread this into an even layer. Sprinkle with crusted candy canes. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes and then freezer for 5 minutes. While this is setting up melt your white almond bark.
 
Take the chocolate almond bark out of the freezer and pour the white melted almond bark over it. Use your spatula and quickly spread it in an even layer. The reason you freeze the first layer and need to spread quickly is to not melt the bottom layer. Add more crushed candy canes and other toppings as you wish. Let it set for about an hour before you break it up into smaller pieces.
 

 

 As stated above big hit at the office and if you make a double batch you will have enough for an army. I promise you will be munching on it all the time though.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

 

No comments:

Post a Comment