Thursday, May 4, 2017

Greek Salad

Light and refreshing the perfect spring side to any meal. I noticed I just did a Greek soup which to me shows that I am on a Greek food kick. This is of course my spin on a Greek salad you can modify it as you wish. It makes a large bowl and I ate on it for lunches all week. If it seems to dry out at all toss in some olive oil. I used red pesto from Aldi but you could use green as well. I also used elbow noodles because that is what I had. You can use any sort of pasta.

What you need~
1 cucumber (diced)
1 red onion (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1/4 cup Greek olives
1 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup pimentos
1/2 can artichokes (stem removed and diced)
1/4 cup pesto (red)
1/2 box of cooked noodles











Start by preparing all the items listed above. Chop the vegetables and cook your noodles. Then you just combine everything into a large bowl and let chill before serving.

TIP: Always rinse your pasta till it is cool to the touch before adding to your other items.






As I stated above it is a light option that is really flavorful. Perfect to bring to those BBQ cookouts.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment