Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Healthy Banana Bread


Surprisingly tasty. I always seem to have a ton of super ripe banana's at the weeks end. What to do with them besides freezing them for smoothies usually becomes and issue at the end of the month. This recipe worked really well and the flavor is spot on. Make sure to bake it for the full time. I had a little bread deflating happen. I added chocolate chips but you could easily add nuts instead or omit that all together if you wish. Great for a snack or quick lunch.

What you need~
2 bananas
2 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1.5 cups flour
 1.5 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup greek yogurt
chocolate chips
















Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bread pan 9x5 in size. Start by mixing your dry items (flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt and brown sugar) in a large bowl. Using another bowl mix the wet items together (banana, eggs and yogurt). Slowly add the dry to the wet. I did this in my stand mixer. I added some chocolate chips to the batter as well before pouring into the bread pan. I did not measure them. Bake this for 35-40 minutes. Really make sure it is fully baked before removing. I checked mine and it was still a little doughy when I cut into it. It was really nice in flavor and I like that it is a little healthier than your normal bread you would make with no butter. I will make it again.




Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment