Monday, September 25, 2017

Travel Adventures: Newport State Park

So cool! I am finally on the mend from being rather ill with a cold/allergy situation all week. It was hot in Green Bay so we got outta town and when as far north as you can go in Door County to this wonderful park. There was plenty of trails to roam and a lot of beautiful things to see. We topped this day off with a cider tasting at Island Orchard, watched a bit of the Packer game at a beer garden and ate at Al Johnsons!

Here are some highlights from the day.

The beach was a bit rocky but gorgeous.

Some of the little inlet beaches had cool rock formations.


My camera caught the light in cool ways on some of my pictures. I love this tree with the light.

We hiked about 4 miles plus along the shoreline.


Once again my camera takes a crazy looking picture. I look like a ghost floating on the water.

Ryan out on the rocks.

He looks like he is walking on the water.

I did not make this little rock pile. It was nestled amongst a quiet little cove.

It was sunny out can you tell?

 
 Newport State Park was a dream. Clear paths and different types of forest throughout. It was a really cool hiking place with not a ton of other people around. The main paths are even handicap accessible.

Warning though there are snakes (brown and gardener is what we saw). This is why we had a walking stick to shoo them along their way.


Al Johnson's. I have always wanted to go here to see the goats. It was funny because we got a drink at their beer garden before dinner over here. It was in that moment that it hit me that this was the famous restaurant with the goats on the roof that I always wanted to go to. Sadly it was like 80 some degrees so no goats but it was worth eating here still. The food was outstanding.

It was so dang tasty. I want to go back and eat everything on the menu.  
Shipwrecked brewing burned down a couple weeks ago. This was super sad to see on the way home.

Gorgeous sunset on the way home. What a view!


 

Even though I was recovering from being ill bringing lots of tissues and taking my time I was able to get out of the house and have a really awesome day. 9/10!
 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment