Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Pumpkin Chili

Rich and creamy is really how I would describe this chili. I have been making pumpkin chili for years in different ways but I think this was the best batch yet. It has been insanely hot which is throwing off my fall game. I love fall it is my favorite holiday and yesterday I gave in and started making my fall favorite dishes. This is a healthy chili but you would never know it because it feels super hardy.

What you need~
1 pound of ground beef OR turkey
2 green peppers (diced)
2 jalapenos (diced)
1 yellow onion (diced)
1 tablespoon of garlic (peeled and diced)
1 can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie)
1 can of kidney beans (drained)
1 can of great northern (or white) beans (drained)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 bottle of pumpkin hard cider
1 cup of tomato juice
1/4 cup of Texas chili seasoning
1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
1 tablespoon nature's seasoning
1 tablespoon apple BBQ rub


Prep all the items that need to be diced or pealed. Brown the meat and season it with the Texas chili seasoning. Then throw everything in the crockpot for 6-8 hours on low. Top with cheese and crackers when serving. Super easy and packed with warm flavor.




Like I stated before this is a really filling and hearty soup. This was enough for us to each have dinner and lunch the next day. I highly recommend you try it out now that the weather has started to cool.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment