Friday, September 8, 2017

Travel Adventures: Milwaukee Public Museum


DINOSAURS. I have wanted to go here for a while and decided my birthday was the perfect time to do it. It was the middle of the week so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. I mainly wanted to go to the butterfly exhibit but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the rest of the museum. Here are some highlighted photos from our visit.

This is at the entrance to the museum and is really their most well known skeleton. Say hello to the most complete woolly mammoth skeleton in North America.

Here he/she is in all their glory. Super cool to see in person.

This butterfly was giant and beautiful. The blue color almost glowed in the light. They only had 1 or 2 flying around amongst the couple 100 around in the exhibit.

Here is all the butterflies hatching. It was cool to see. They stay in here till their wings dry and they can fly properly before being released.

My favorite. A monarch. It was hard to get a good picture but I snagged this on the water feeder.

Like a zebra.

I loved their little mouths and how they would eat up stuff.

TRICARATOPS.

This was in the old Milwaukee streets interactive exhibit. Ryan and I loved it and as you can see we took full advantage of the interactive options. By the way this bike is actually hard to ride. Sorry for the poor lighting it was dark in there.

I mean my favorite thing ever is dinosaurs. LOVE.

So... I literally shouted "Look Luna's family". Good thing no one was around. But for real look at those cute sled dogs. Notice how they are all different looking? That is what real sled Alaskan huskies look like. Working dogs not show dogs.
This museum really was special. We did it in about 4ish hours including the planetarium show. My favorite parts were the dinosaurs (duh!), the interactive exhibits, the butterfly exhibit and the detailed settings. Some of the backgrounds are hand painted and gorgeous. I guess the coolest take away from this place is it is not just stuff sitting in cases to look at. Everything is set up to tell an interesting story and I loved that. I mean the dogs in the image above are a prime example of that.

I would highly recommend you stop in.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily  

No comments:

Post a Comment