Monday, October 9, 2017

Baked Chow Mein

Family recipes are the best! Especially one's your mom made. When my husband Ryan's mother passed away I photo copied all her recipes so that I could continue to make them for him. I had yet to make this one years later which is a big wife fail but I did finally this weekend. He told me I had the flavors right but I needed to chop up the bean sprouts next time. Go figure that was not in her directions but it is okay I know for next time. This recipe makes me think of recipes from like the 1950's and at first I thought some of the items sounded gross together. I was of course wrong this is a delightful little meal. A very American way to each Asian food.

What you need~

Click on image for directions.

Browning the onions.


Chopping the veggies.

Putting it all together.

YUM!

It was really rich I could only eat one bowl.


I love these type of recipes that give you happy memories. I will make this again but chop up those bean sprouts.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment