Monday, October 23, 2017

Soup & Chili!

I have an addiction problem with soup. I would make it all the time if Ryan let me. Lately he has been putting up with me making chili, pea soup and Zuppa Toscana over the last two weeks. I guess that is manly why I have not posted a ton of food related posts. To celebrate all things soup I thought today we could reflect on all the tasty soups I have posted about over the years. Let's start with the ones I have made the past week or so AND what I am making coming up!

Zuppa Toscana Soup
I made this last night. It is simple and really filling. I like to pair a bowl of it with a small salad just like if we went to Olive Garden. Serve with a delicious piece of Great Harvest bread and life is good.




















Split Pea Soup
I always make a ham every couple months. 2 cups of that ham and the bone is used in this recipe later in the week. It is a rich soup that will really fill you up. I find this soup to be even better warmed up as leftovers.


 Green Bay chili
 I will be making this to top some hot dogs this weekend. I mean it is just as tasty over noodles though. One of my favorites and actually extremely easy to make.




















Pumpkin chili
I could eat this every day till I die. It is one of the only chili's that I never ever get sick of. I have actually made double batches of this and froze some of it before because it is that good.


A lot of the above options can easily be made in the crock pot which is perfect if you are busy like I am. I hope with the weather cooling down you all find a moment to enjoy your favorite soups and chili.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment