Monday, October 2, 2017

Apple Oatmeal


Thick and creamy you really cannot go wrong here. I made a mistake of buying 12 pounds of apples while apple picking. I thought I would need a lot of apples for all the things I wanted to bake which I did need some but not that much. It is a bit funny looking back on it. So what does one do when you have that many apples? I made a huge double batch of crock-pot oatmeal and apple/pear crumble. Ryan requested this oatmeal for breakfasts this week and I was rather unsure how it would turn out. I am happy I made it though because it turned out delicious.

SO many apples!
What you need~
4 apples (diced and peeled)
2 cups steel cut oats
1/2 cup maple syrup
5 cups milk *I used almond
1 cup apple cider
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Using my trusty apple peeler.
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract

















Add all your items into the crock-pot and mix well. I cooked mine on low for about 5 hours. I let it cool before putting in containers for the week. If not sweet enough add a little honey before eating it. This is a good way to use up some apples but also really get that fall flavor into your weekly rotation for a bit.



I hope you enjoy this breakfast treat.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment