Thursday, November 9, 2017

Travel Adventures: Foo Fighters Concert Madison

What a concert and what a night! We just had the best of times in Madison this week at the Foo Fighters concert. Arriving in Madison around 3pm we had plenty of time to snag a piece of pizza and a beer before the concert. The opening band the Struts was fun and energetic if not a bit too loud. Followed by my favorite band the Foo Fighters. Putting on a 3 hour show they never disappoint. We then closed down a piano bar and townie bar before heading back to our hotel. I have not been up till 4am since I was like 21. A trip to remember for sure. Filled with friends and a ton of good music. Making memories like this are always worth the time. Here are some highlights from the trip.

Foo Fighters stage. They had a really cool moving screen that rotated all over and was really cool. It is pictured in the middle of a giant jumbo screen behind it here.

Another image of the cool moving screen AND Mr. Dave Grohl himself. He is pictured here with his famous blue guitar.

A picture of the entire band. From left (Chris Shiflett, Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel , Pat Smear, Rami Jaffee and on drums Taylor Hawkins)

A picture of the entire stage.

You can see how close we were in this picture. Loved out seats!

Yes!

All the ladies!

Had to get a beer before the game. Maggie's finger also pictured.

I have always wanted to try Ian's famous mac n cheese pizza it did not disappoint. Rich and creamy!

Group picture. Not pictured Nate, Alyssa and Ryan.

Waiting not so patiently.

A recap of all the fun.
We had so much fun singing and dancing all night to such awesome music. I did not take a picture but my favorite part of the concert is when they sang my favorite song "Skin and Bones". When you see most bands they play your favorite song most of the time. My song I love is more rare and I have never seen them play it live. This was extra special for me to see this song I even got tears in my eyes.  22 years of rocking and they are still going strong!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment