Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Crunchy and salty these are a great snack. The also happen to be packed with healthy attributes. I usually only make them once a year when we carve pumpkins. I hate seeing the seeds go to waste because they are really awesome. Rather easy to make it is hard to let them roast till completely crisp because you will want to eat them up right away. I may have ate ALL of them in one sitting these were so good.

What you need~
1 pumpkin's seeds
olive oil
seasoning

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Clean the seeds really well making sure to remove all the pumpkin guts off of the seeds. I rinsed mine three times. Place seeds in a pot and barely cover with water. Boil the seeds for 10 minutes. Drain the water off the seeds. Pat them dry and place on a sheet pan covered in parchment paper. Lightly coat in olive oil. Season with whatever seasoning you see fit. I used this brown sugar spicy meat rub my mom made for me. It was heavenly on the seeds. Let them roast and move them around for about 10 minutes. Keep checking on them until really crisp. Now mine took about 30 minutes but cook them to the texture you like. It is okay to test eat a couple it is for science reasons. Once done remove from oven and let cool for at least 2 minutes before consuming.
Boil!
Getting ready for the oven.

Seasoning added.

Crispy!

Yum. Yum. Yum.


I ate mine with some hard cider and watched Hocus Pocus. I hope to keep the new recipes coming as I have finally had time to make some new things lately.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment