Monday, December 18, 2017

Cookie Exchange 2017


I mean cookies how is that ever a bad thing?
We all have holiday traditions and my annual cookie exchange is one of my favorite ones. It is a simple idea I started years ago. Each person brings a dozen cookies for each guest to pass. This year we had 7 of us passing so that is 7 dozen cookies. It seems a bit insane to bake that much but you in turn get 7 dozen cookies in return of different varieties. My mom and I also bake sugar cookies for everyone to frost and decorate the day of the exchange. We always bake way too many sugar cookies but it is worth it. Most of the time everyone leaves with like 10 dozen cookies. We drink coffee, eat lunch and have some good chats. It makes you really feel good to be able to spend time with people you have not seen in a while and catch up. Here are some high lights of the day.

They all look so amazing.

So many cookies in the end. 

I took pictures of all the cat ones because I love them.

I call this cat evil Stella.

This was one Liz did looks just like her cat.

Sandwich fix'ins.

All set up and ready.

Before we made our fun mess.

Don't worry we had a side of veggies with all the cookies.

Ready to be frosted. 

Fat tabby cats.

Cat cut outs. Love the new cookie cutter. 
 I just love this time of year. Everything is full of cheer and spending time with family and friends is so fun. Need to keep this up more of the year.  I hope you get to enjoy some holiday treats this year just don't go to crazy stay within moderation.

Until next time~
XoXo Emiy

No comments:

Post a Comment