Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Year In Review

There is goes another year in the books. The older I get the faster time flies by. I am really honestly ready for this year to close and I so look forward to what 2018 has to bring. But before I comment on 2018 here are all my favorite memories to look back on in 2017!

Blue Ox Music Festival














We just had so much dang fun at this festival.  We try to try a new music festival each year and this one was a true blast. I look forward to the ones we will go to in 2018!

Master Bath Renovation




This was the most grueling project we have ever tackled. It was blood, sweat and for sure some tears. I really like how everything turned out and it was worth it. We learned a lot and will apply it all on future projects. We may have another one planned for this year. Stay tuned!











HEALTHY Mac & Cheese

I mean I had to talk about it. This heavenly delight has become a bit of a staple in my recipe rotation. It is delicious and you know I had to mention it here in the recap!







Ancestry DNA Results!

I found out my heritage this year. I mean that is pretty awesome and note worthy!















Minnesota State Fair

Recap.... I ate all the things.

















Our Family Booyah
I may have shared some family secrets this year. I look forward to learning the whole process and being part of doing this very soon. Maybe this year from my mom and dad.
Colorado
We love traveling I feel like that is no secret. This year we went out to Colorado and visited Ryan's brother while taking in the sites. It was a really awesome and thrilling trip. We have even more big travels planned for 2018!


 UnitedHealthcare Service Heros
I got really the coolest and most humbling award at work this year. In 2018 I get to go to Disney World for a really amazing work trip.








Cookie Exchange
Always a blast and so fun this years Cookie Exchange was one for the history books. We still have a
ton of cookies from this. I love traditions.




In reflection I was really blessed this year. With all the negativity in the world it was nice to reflect on all the good things that happened in the past year. Things I did not directly mention is that my father is still in remission from his cancer (whoot whoot) and my super funny Grandpa Jupe is still kicking in even after being treated for bladder cancer. We have to see the good in the world it really makes life better.

Now what does 2018 look like for me?
We have our first music festival booked for the year we are going to Summer Camp Festival this year just booked it. We plan on renovating our upstairs bathroom/laundry room in the spring. We are going to Wisconsin Dells with some friends in Feb. I look forward to Disney World with Service Heros in March. Ryan and I celebrate our 15 year anniversary this year and want to go on a big trip. More on that too! Really this year is the year of doing. I want to find some great work/life balance. Let's make 2018 the best year yet!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Until next year~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment