Wednesday, January 24, 2018

American Shepards Pie

This was exactly what we needed in this sick house of ours. I am finally feeling on the mend and Ryan is still pretty sick. This meal was a mass up of random leftovers I found in my fridge and those meals always are hit or miss. This was a hit. The creamy mashed potatoes with the well seasoned hamburger patty really hit the spot. I love to throw extra veggies into anything I can so I loved this. I would actually make this again.

What you need~
2 hamburger patties seasoned well and cooked
1 bag of frozen veggies (cooked)
1/2 cup of gravy
2 cups of mashed potatoes
1/4 cup cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep all of the food items listed above. Once everything is prepped layer in a crock or oven save bowl in the order listed above. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and then for 5 minutes broil to brown the cheese. Great way to use up leftovers.

First layer hamburger.

Top hamburger with veggies and gravy.

Add mashed potatoes and cheese.


Ta Da! 
Hot and tasty.
This was a nice way to use up random things we had in the fridge for a filling meal. I hope you try it sometimes.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment