Monday, January 15, 2018

Pulled Pork

One of my all time favorite potluck recipes! I love this recipe as it is easy to make and always a big crowd favorite. I have to admit on this cold and snowy day it is nice to write a post from the comfort of my warm couch. Don't worry I am still cleaning and doing laundry today but it is nice to do it all at my own pace. Back to this tasty meal. 

I like to eat mine open face on a really good piece of bread!

What you need~
Pork shoulder (I bought 2 small ones that equaled about 5 pounds together)
Seasoning
1 cup apple cider
BBQ sauce
Buns
(coleslaw) optional 
Before Shredding 

Start by heavily seasoning the pork shoulder(s). Place fat side down in the crockpot. You will notice that there is a side of the shoulder that has a layer of white fat. I always place this down as it protects the meat from over cooking. Pour in your cup of apple cider and let this all cook for 8 hours on low. A half hour before serving you want to shred your meat. If you have a kitchenaid mixer you can shred the meat with the paddle attachment on low really quickly. I think it saved me like a half hour shredding it this way. Now you may want to pour out the liquid in the pot before putting the meat back in. DO not do that. This juice if you will is what is going to keep your meat moist while it sits. Make sure you mix the meat into the juices really well before putting on a bun and topping with coleslaw and BBQ sauce. I hope you enjoy these little heavenly sandwiches! 




Use the paddle attachment.
Starting to shred. 

In action.

Almost done takes like a minute tops.

Mix back into the juices. 

Is your mouth watering? 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment