Monday, January 1, 2018

Crispy Tortilla Strips

It is time for new beginnings and spicy things!? I l have a true love for spicy food and I made some tasty Mexican chili this weekend. I wanted some texture in the soup and making these little strips to top the soup was a great idea. I made a lot of them so I have leftovers. I think they would also be excellent topped on a salad too. Super easy to make!

What you need~
30 small corn tortilla's
Olive oil
Taco seasoning
Salt


Start by pre-heating the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut your tortilla strips from the tortillas. I cut most of mine about an inch or larger thick. Toss with olive oil and  taco seasoning. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes. Then toss them around and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and salt before serving.




















It is best to top right before serving the soup as they can get soggy easily. I like to add a little bit as a eat. It is really yummy and the texture is great in the spicy soup. I am sure you could season these all different ways too.




Yum!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment