Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Moderation

I have been a slacker. I will admit to that freely. To be completely fair I had a sinus infection and a pretty nasty bronchitis flare up. I am on the mend finally finished up my antibiotics today.  So why do you ask do I go into this ramble and what does it have to do with moderation? Being sick and unable to work out stresses me out. I have to watch what I eat closer to keep up my weight loss. But I don't want to go insane when I am sick and want a piece of pizza. So what does one do? You work at moderation. Yes the statement everything in moderation is true. This moto is something I follow closely and is why I have had success over 3 years maintaining my weight now. I base my days off of the theory that some days I am going to eat fried chicken or a salad/soup. You really have to look at the big picture here and figure out what works for you. Here are some examples.

This is literally what I ate for dinner not 10 minutes ago. Two rolls of sushi and a diet soda.. Emily.. I can feel you judging but let me explain how I fit this in. I had 3 strawberries and a yogurt for breakfast. I drank two things of chai tea not sweetened in between my breakfast and lunch. I followed that up with a medium salad (no meat) and some coconut cashews. Pretty decent meals right? It leaves me with more calories if you will for that sushi. I am eating in moderation. I am looking at serving sizes and counting it all up. 










Oh goodness it is the end of the world we ate chicken for dinner one night. This was when I was sick and damn if I wanted some mashed potatoes. I have had KFC maybe once in the past year. So because of that thought and the idea of moderation I planned this day out. Yogurt, gatorade and chicken soup for breakfast/lunch this day. Left me plenty of calories for this meal. Now could I have cut out the gravy and removed the chicken skin to save even more? Sure... but come on why do that we barely ever have chicken like this.









When I talk about moderation what sorts of salads and soups do I have? Well look at my blog history I have plenty of ideas. You can really make soup with whatever you have in fridge and the same goes for salads. For me it is easier to eat a big dinner for more calories than my other meals.













So now I am sure you are like oh you make it seem easy but come on what about beverages?
I drink beer, wine, soda and juice like I eat food. Either I save up the calories or I pick lower calorie options. Let's be real though I love a good dark beer. I drink moderately though. You do not need to go get drunk every where you go to have a good time. Having a good dark beer or a glass of wine with dinner is fine. 5 glasses of wine are a bit over the top though and let's be honest that is not moderation. I also will sub in a diet soda if there are not good options as needed. Diet coke is of course my favorite.







I bring up this topic today because people comment on what I eat and drink all the time. I wanted to bring up the idea of moderation and how you can still have your cake and eat it too. Literally eat the damn piece of cake every once and a while. Just not the entire cake okay.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment