Monday, April 16, 2018

French Toast


Crisp and delicious this recipe is heavenly. I made this Saturday morning in the middle of blizzard Evelyn for some friends that were staying at my place for a girls weekend. Just because we were snowed in does not mean we did not eat well.  I cannot believe I have not made french toast in ages nor did I remember decent recipe so I made up my own recipe. Turned out super good and I could eat this again and again.

What you need~
8 pieces of bread (we used a local cinnamon sugar swirl bread)
8 eggs
1 cup of milk
pumpkin pie spice (a dash)
Cinnamon sugar (a dash)
Butter

Whisk the eggs, milk and spices together until well mixed in a shallow dish.  Take your bread and lay in the mixture for at least 30 seconds on each side.  On your skillet or pan put some butter on there before placing your bread on the pan. I let this cook for at least 5 minutes on each side or so to try to really cook that egg and crisp up the bread. If you do not cook long enough the bread will be soggy and not crisp. Top with some maple syrup and eat up!

A good picture of the shallow dish and the eggs.
All mixed. 






Soaking up all that goodness.

Hello!











This was really tasty and I recommend you make it as a special treat on a weekend or heck on any weekday meal! 
Take your time they really need the time to get crispy.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment