Monday, April 2, 2018

Roasted Root Vegetables

Just a giant yum here. I know you are all used to potatoes they are a root and most people eat them on the regular. Lately I have been looking at more less common options that have good health benefits. Saturday I made the following three: Parsnips, Celery Root and Rutabaga. I know they look a little scary and dirty at first glance but peeling and dicing makes them easy to roast. Toss in some olive oil and bake for 45 minutes on a sheet pan at 350 degrees F. Make sure that their is space between the veggies to let them roast well and not steam. Also make sure to move the veggies around a bit with a spoon every 15 minutes or so.

Here are some pictures of the process.

Parships look much like a carrot. Peel and dice. 

Rutabaga peel it and dice. 

This is the celery root. I loved it because the root is celery that I can use in soups and salads. 

Ready for dice! 

Ready to be seasoned and thrown in the oven.

So tasty. I love how some of them are sweet (rutabaga). 


Serve it with a stuffed turkey breast.
Being creative or trying new things does not have to be difficult. If you see something you think you are interested in just go for it. I think this will become part of our normal meal rotation . Get out there and try something new!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment