Friday, May 4, 2018

Second Bathroom Renovation: Buying

Renovating is exhausting and at a certain point it is okay when you are in over your head and hiring some professionals. Today the plumber and electrician come to fix up the mess that is our bathroom. Right now it is sitting gutted which I thought was okay till the I found a mouse in my lunch box. For sure thinking the little guy came in through the attic and fell through the giant hole currently in the ceiling of the bathroom. Don't worry he sorta survived and I now have a catch and release mouse trap. Now let's get to the soul of this post buying things when you are renovating. I have now been to Lowe's, Menard's, Best Buy, Van Vreedes, and Home Depot. I feel like an expert on washer/dryer machines with the research I have done talking to people and reading like 1,000 of reviews. I think with this bathroom we are being far less picky and more practical which will hopefully save us time. Meaning I will not be spending like 40 hours painting a vanity. We did find a nice vanity for the space though and a top too. My tip to you is research the items you are interested in and look around before purchasing if you can. Even the same brand of washer/dryer is drastically cheaper at other locations across town. Here are some pictures of our big haul of goods the last couple days.

Light fixture: Menard's
Faucet: Menard's 

Vanity: Lowe's 

Toliet: Home Depot
Counter Top: Home Depot

This project continues and I cannot wait to show you the after renovation pictures. We will have a ton of things to do before we get to that place but we are well on our way. 

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment