Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Cucumbers & Onions

I grew up with this combination made by my mother and honestly I cannot duplicate hers. Hers are far to good but not the healthiest so I treat them like a special treat when she makes them for us. I started making these recently with all the cucumbers my mom has been gifting me from her garden. A simple recipe but delightful with the findings in the garden that is for sure. Feel free to make a huge batch like I did!

What you need~
4-5 cucumbers sliced
2 red onions sliced
Apple cider vinegar
Salt
Water
Ponzu
Everything seasoning


Start by dicing up the cucumbers and onions and placing in a large bowl. Pour some salt over them a dash of the vinegar and then fill the bowl with water. You can use as much salt as you want I just dump a bunch(1/4 cup maybe) in and cover them with water since you will drain. Place in the fridge over night. In the AM drain all water off of the veggies. I then toss with the Ponzu and everything seasoning. You can eat right away or store it gets better the longer it sits. It becomes pickled almost.

This is a yummy easy recipe and you can really sub out a ton of stuff. Do not have ponzu? Use soy sauce and lime juice which is what it tastes like. No everything seasoning use sesame seeds (black) and Mrs. Dash, Nature's whatever you got.

Prepping!
After water removed.

Seasoned!


Ready to eat!

I really love the fresh garden veggies this time of year!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment