Monday, April 6, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing: Week 3 Recap

Here we are! Week 3 completed and onto week 4 of self distancing started. This week was a lot of trying new things (baking and cooking) and working on our balance in work/life.

Something I learned:
My husband is an excellent baker and nailed scones his first try.
Sending letters and little notes to people is a fun "old" way to stay in touch. You can order stamps be mailed to your door by the way.
I love oatmeal.
My cat maybe a grandma but she can still chase squirrels and almost kill me in the process when I try to run after her and fall down the retaining wall.
Brining chicken is where it is at people to add flavor!
You can make a bird feeder stand out of a shepherds hook, pot and rocks.

Here are some picture highlights from the week.




Ryan's yummy scones.

I put hummus on fish and it was actually really good.

My letters ready for the mail.

I made homemade oatmeal and apple pie filling. HELLO!

Stella loves the warmer weather.




Supporting local business from HEARTLAND pizza!

Pizza!

My sassy coworker.

Here comes my flower bed.

I snuggled this baby a lot.

Time to swap out my winter for summer tires.

Carmen thank you for the care package.

Bike rides can be safe people.

This was soooo good. Brined and dry rubbed the chicken.
This is Easter week and its usually a week for me to spend time with my family. I need to find new ways of engagement with my family without physically seeing them. I have been brain storming ideas we will see what I can come up with. Stay positive, safe and healthy out there!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment