Monday, April 20, 2020

COVID-19 Self Distancing: Week 5 Recap

Here we go! Last Thursday marked exactly 30 days I was self distancing. It also was the same day my governor extended our stay at home order for another month. Mentally it took a bit to wrap my mind around that and move forward with any sort of positivity. My allergies were also really bad all week. Today is the first day I am starting to feel human again. Hoping for warmer weather and allergy relief.





Some things I learned this week:
  • Meijer is the far superior Instacart place to order from. Festival took up to 5 hours up to a day and Aldi was for sure 2 days. Meijer I can order and have my items delivered in like 2 hours which is really quick. Festival was quick too  but not as many home products as Meijer.
  • I love experimenting in my kitchen right now. I am trying new recipes, making stuff from scratch and remixing my leftovers in to multiple meals. Example: Make a roast chicken, make chicken and dumplings and then used leftover dumplings for a pasta dish.
  • My cat really loves pumpkin and it is good for her. Now a staple in her diet. Helps with tummy issues she gets.
  • I sent in the check to get my car title. I will officially own my car soon. I learned that whole car buying process during a pandemic thing.
Picture recaps!

I made my own pizza crust.

The cutest coworker.

Made my own dumplings.

Chicken and dumplings a labor of love.

My coworker likes to beg when I am eating lunch.


We got enchiladas in our Farmers Best Delivery this week. yum!


Ordered fish from The Bar a local place on Friday night. It was soooo good. Tip you can reheat fries in the oven.

All local sandwich of bacon, eggs, cheese and local bread.

Weekend tea vibes.

Homemade lemon dressing

Hello local pork chop!

Kittens with bunny ears.


Roasted whole cauliflower with pasta sauce cheese topping.

Repurposed dumplings into smaller noodles for pasta.
I look forward to making homemade hoe cakes for tacos this week and celebrating Sawyer/Brandon's birthdays by driving by with a shark head on and hoking loudly this weekend. It's the little things right now that we can look forward too.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment